Friday 5 July 2013

Head, Shoulders, Knees, Knees, Knees... Toes



I chose this title mainly because after feeling very proud of myself for working my ass off for 2 weeks, I have a knee injury.

When I was fresh out of school I bought an old, piece of junk scooter.
It carried my then skinny ass to and from work, through rain, storms, and firey hot days.

One day stands out though.
It was raining "cats and dogs", insanely heavy rain, horrible stormy weather and I was travelling by scooter down Blouberg road on my way home.

My scooter slid out from under me and I landed knee first on the tar, with my scooter on top on me.
I had to ride with my buckled wheel and painful legs all the way home, on Koeberg road.

Anyway, back to the point.

Since that lovely day, I have had a knee that cramps when its cold and gets red and hot when I walk to far.

So...because of my dedication to wearing something skimpy this summer, I have bruised the inside of the joint without bumping,knocking or touching my knee.
I have a massive blue mark and I can barely bend my leg.

I am to stay off my leg and resume exercise after a week, DOCTORS ORDERS.

I am not very excited about this arrangement, I am VERY scared my laziness kicks in again.

I guess its up to the 2 liters of water per day and high protein to burn my fat for me.

No comments: