Wednesday 12 June 2013

Life

Life... it doesn't always work out the way you imagined it would.
I can remember dreaming up a life of Planet Shakers and being a full time youth leader, touring the world, studying accounting and singing my heart out as often as I could.
A lot of things determine your success in life; being passionate about what you do, having support, stability, and putting your life 100% in Gods hands.
Family, I would say your family makes a huge impact on who you become and where you go.
I thought my family was perfect, everyone fights so mine is no different, RIGHT?
It took only so long before things started to fall apart.
A marriage without God at the center never gets very far.

I was 20 when my mom decided to take my little sister and go live her life with her boyfriend.
Im not saying my dad had no part in the mess and pain caused for a woman to leave her child and hurry away.
Court appearances, phone calls, missed birthdays and a lot of pain filled the next year or so of my life.
Life doesn't go the way you want it to...
Besides all the gloomy bits, I can say with a heart full of love and joy...that my boyfriend is by far the best thing that has come along since high school.
Cliché? Naaah.
His wonderful and so so patient even on the worst days.

Although not many approved of our relationship at first, I am yet to meet a family member/ friend that doesn't love him now.
Its taken a year to forgive my mother and father for all the pain caused.
But id like to say that I am moving past it and trying to live a life of forgiveness and peace.

Life doesn't go the way you plan, or dream.

No comments: